The Energy Charter
CS Energy is proud to be a foundation signatory to the Energy Charter - a whole-of-sector initiative to achieve a more affordable, reliable and sustainable energy system for all Australians.
Businesses from across the energy supply chain have committed to the Energy Charter, to progress the culture and solutions required to deliver energy in line with community expectations.
The Energy Charter principles
- We will put customers at the centre of our business and the energy system.
- We will improve energy affordability for customers.
- We will provide energy safely, sustainably and reliably.
- We will improve the customer experience.
- We will support customers facing vulnerable circumstances.
SUPPORTING VULNERABLE CUSTOMERS
CS Energy is one of nine Energy Charter signatories that is providing funding towards the Uniting Energy Support Program that delivers tailored, one-on-one advice and assistance to energy customers across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
More than $200,000 is being injected into the program by APA Group, CS Energy, EnergyAustralia, Energy Queensland, Endeavour Energy, Essential Energy, Jemena, Powerlink Queensland and Powershop/Meridian Energy.
If you, or someone you know, could benefit from such a service, please contact Uniting on 1800 313 126 for a confidential discussion.
Our 2021 energy charter report
Each year, Energy Charter signatories publish disclosure reports about how they are progressing against the five principles.
2021 was a year of contrasts for CS Energy. We moved closer to our vision of becoming a leading provider of diversified energy solutions to our customers, growing both our market share and product solutions.
At the same time, we managed multiple challenges, including reduced plant availability, the Unit C4 incident at Callide Power Station and our response to the Queensland Energy Class Action.
Our top three customer outcomes in 2021 were:
- Giving our customers confidence that we are acting in their best interests through our active role in the Energy Charter #BetterTogether National Customer Code for Energy Brokers, Consultants and Retailers.
- Providing product solutions to our customers that address their costs of doing business and support their decarbonisation goals.
- Continuing to offer support to our customers, supply chain partners and communities in a COVID affected economy.
CS Energy's self-assessments under the Energy Charter maturity framework have remained steady, reflecting that we are on the right track but there is more work to do to move to the next level of maturity.
Download our 2021 Disclosure Report (PDF 1.4MB).
View CS Energy's earlier disclosure reports in the Reports and Publications section of our website.
In the video below, CS Energy CEO Andrew Bills and CEOs of other signatories reflect on the charter's progress since 2019.