CS Energy’s community sponsorships program has supported more than 50 community groups and not-for-profit organisations.
Each year we receive many worthy applications from our local communities. We work closely with our power station managers to select the projects that we think are going to have a long-lasting, positive impact on the local community.
Below are videos showcasing some of the successful applicants.
Goondir Health Services
Goondir Health Services was one of the successful applicants in Round 4 of our Community Sponsorships Program. Their mobile medical clinic visits communities in the Western Downs to provide holistic primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our sponsorship enabled Goondir to purchase a diesel generator and two long-life storage batteries so the mobile clinic has its own independent source of power.
Our sponsorship of the Bioela PCYC's All Abilities Dance and Exercise Program enabled them to purchase specialised equipment for children with sensory issues and hire a qualified dance instructor. The program is a dance and fitness program for children aged between 4 and 12 years who are living with a disability. PCYC staff said the program had been well-received by children and their parents. "I love seeing the smiles on the kids faces every week. It's a very rewarding thing to do," Class Assistant Amelia said.
Dalby Kart Club
CS Energy provided sponsorship to the Dalby Kart Club in Round 2 for a new BBQ area shade structure at its race track. The new structure has provided a comfortable place for spectators to watch the karting action, protected from the harsh sun of the Western Downs. "If we didn't have a shade structure, then we wouldn't have spectators sitting here watching the karts," Club President Tim said. "The coolness factor in terms of getting (spectators) out of the sun is massive."
Chinchilla State School
A renovation of the Chinchilla State School's old tuckshop transformed it into a new Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Hub learning space. The new facility was made possible by sponsorship of $20,000 from CS Energy, along with funds from Shell's QGC business and the school P&C. School Principal Chris Gilbert said the school now has a dedicated space to prepare students for "the jobs of the future".
Full list of sponsorship recipients
Total funding awarded in round: $110,000.
- 84th Annual Callide Valley Show 2019
- Biloela Christmas Festival 2018
- Biloela Panthers Rugby League Club - construction of a shade shelter
- Banana Shire Art Gallery’s Brigalow Arts Festival 2019
- Callide Dawson Machinery Club and Queensland Heritage Park capacity building project
- Downs Industry Schools Co-Cooperative (DISCO) - facilities upgrade in Dalby
- Chinchilla Community Commerce and Industry Inc. - One Long Table event 2018
- Brigalow Bush Carnival 2018
- Lapunyah Art Gallery’s Digital Arts Project - Lapunyah will purchase equipment to offer free photography and digital art workshops to the local community.
- Kogan State School Beautification Project - support for Kogan State School to revitalise their outdoor learning spaces and install a garden that the students will care for.
- The STEM Hub at Chinchilla State School - contributing to building a dedicated STEM classroom at the primary school.
- Dalby Lions Club Health Awareness Program to work with local primary schools to install vegepod kits and teach children about healthy eating and health awareness.
- Chinchilla Melon Festival 2019
- Esk Garden and Lifestyle Fair 2019
- Donation to purchase supplies for the Lowood Community Pantry and Book Exchange
Total funding awarded in round: $51,103.
- Biloela Enterprise - Biloela Christmas Festival 2019
- Queensland PCYC - Biloela All Abilities Dance and Exercise Program
- Taroom & District Historical Society - Restoration of 1870s buggy and sulky/trap
- The Creche and Kindergarten Association Biloela - Updating the Biloela C&K Coo-Inda outdoor environment
- Callide United Football Club - Portable shade structures
- CQ Rural Health - Materials within a suicide prevention resource kit
- Scripture Union Queensland - New fridge for school breakfasts and emergency lunches at Biloela State School
- Boonarga Country Music Sessions - Defribillator purchase
- Chinchilla State School - P&C Chinchilla Trail Ride 2019
- Chinchilla Branch Sporting Shooters Association - Safety boundary fence near the nature reserve
- Dalby Kart Club - BBQ area shade structure
- Jabaljarri Social Golf Club - NAIDOC Week golf event
Total funding awarded in round: $158,000.
- Biloela State High School - NAIDOC Day of Celebration in Biloela (Jul 2019)
- Black Dog Ball Inc. - Major Central Qld event held during Qld Mental Health Week to raise funds and awareness (Oct 2019)
- Callide Valley Show Society - 85th Annual Callide Valley Show (May 2020)
- Biloela Valleys Football Club - Upgrade to FFA goal posts
- Biloela State School STEM technology project – laptop and equipment purchase
- Biloela Netball Association - Hydration station at Magavalis Oval
- Thangool State School - Kids art and play shed
- Zonta Club of Biloela New Zonta Club - Funds to purchase marquee and marketing collateral
- Brigalow Recreation Grounds - Brigalow Bush Carnival (Sep 2019)
- Queensland Music Festival - Bronze sponsor of QMF 2019. Key sponsor of the Opera at Jimbour on the Western Downs
- Big Skies Festival - Annual sponsorship of the Big Skies Festival, run by Western Downs Regional Council (May 2020)
- Dalby & District Show Society - 150th Annual Dalby Show (April 2020)
- Jandowae Pony Club - Safety boundary fence
- Chinchilla Rugby League FC - Canteen upgrade, which will benefit many local sporting codes who use the venue
- Lions Club of Chinchilla - Inaugural Lions Chinchilla Christmas Lights Show 2019 (Dec 2019)
- Kup of Kindness - Food trailer to support homeless people and run a breakfast club at local primary school
- St Joseph’s Primary Chinchilla St Joseph’s Technology Plan – laptop purchase
- Foodbank Golf Day - Support for the annual Foodbank Queensland fundraising event
Total funding awarded in this round: $91,150
- Bioela Community Kindgergarten Grandfriends project - bringing preschoolers and senior citizens together
- Biloela Bowls Club - New mower
- Banana Shire Historical Society -Significant assessment at Greycliffe Homestead
- Prospect Creek State School - Poultry agriculture project
- Mount Murchison State School - New sporting equipment
- Biloela Junior Rugby League Club - New ice machine for clubhouse
- Callide United Football Club - Junior goal boxes
- Chinchilla Historical Society - Fire tower interpretive centre
- Goondir Health Services - Power upgrade for Mobile Medical Clinic
- Dalby South State School - Garden program
- Pioneer Park Museum Dalby - New mower
- Chinchilla Creative Centre - Verandah extension
Total funding awarded in round: $95,399
- Banana Shire Art Gallery Association - Brigalow Arts Festival 2020
- Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service - Run your Region fundraising event 2021.
- Little Market Co. - Equipment for the volunteer run artisan space.
- Goovigen Pony Club - Equipment upgrade.
- Biloela Rugby Union Club - Upgrade to the change and shower room to enable female players to use this facility.
- Jambin State School - Purchase STEM resources.
- Callide Valley Tennis Association - Shade structure.
- Callide Valley Touch Football Club - Install a PA system
- Dalby and District Silver Band - Purchase new instruments.
- Lions Club of Chinchilla - Chinchilla Christmas Festival 2020.
- Chinchilla Concert Band - New trailer.
- Chinchilla Polocrosse Club Inc. - Clubhouse shade awnings.
- Variety Queensland - Partial funding of an all abilities playground at Miles State School.
- Chinchilla Lawn Bowls Club - New seating.
Total funding awarded in round: $113,000.
- Biloela State School Early - Childhood Development Program play storage facility
- Biloela Golf Club - Practice nets
- Banana Shire Community Arts Association - Biloela Community Garden
- Taroom Tennis Club - Safety fence
- Banana Shire Emergency Accommodation and Support Centre - Office refurbishment
- Callide Valley Agricultural and Pastoral Society -Fridge replacement
- Greycliffe Social Club - Purchase playgroup equipment
- Helping Hands Outreach Project - Purchase volunteer equipment
- Miles & District Historical Society - Submersible solar pump for display bore
- Queensland Music Festival - Opera at Jimbour
- Drillham Primary P&C Association - School instrumental music program
- Goondir Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Association - Big Buddy Program to engage Indigenous youth
- St Joseph's Parents and Friends Association Chinchilla - Outdoor tables and chairs for children
- Qld Police Citizens Youth Welfare Association - Boxing bag upgrade and engineering certification at PCYC Dalby
- Chinchilla Family Support Centre - Shade cloth
- It's A Bloke Thing Foundation - Prostate cancer awareness
More than $123,000 in funding was awarded in this round.
- Theodore Early Childhood Centre Association - Play equipment shed upgrade
- Callide Valley Agricultural and Pastoral Society - 86th Annual Callide Valley Show (13-14 May 2022)
- Callide Dawson Machinery Preservation Club - Safety upgrade of walkway
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School - School speaker system
- Prospect Creek State School - Nature play and bush tucker playground
- Biloela Amateur Swimming Club - Purchase of backstroke ledge to comply with safety rules
- Black Dog Ball - 2021 Black Dog Ball
- Chinchilla State School - Electronic noticeboard
- Jandowae Kindergarten Association - Shade in the play area
- Warra Tennis Club - Facilities upgrade
- Dalby PCYC - Youth chillout room at Dalby PCYC
- Chinchilla Community Commerce & Industry - 2021 Town Christmas Party and 2021 One Long Table Multicultural Event
- Brigalow Recreation Ground - 2021 Brigalow Bush Carnival