Our staff are helping to make a difference.
What is Generosity?
Generosity is a way for CS Energy's staff to give something back to the community. Since the launch of the workplace giving program in 2008, we have raised more than $304,000 for our charity partners.
Every paycheck, participating staff donate from their pre-tax earnings.Six charities receive our donations: Angel Flight, Blue Care, The Cancer Council of Queensland, Greening Australia, Hannah’s House and the Hear and Say Centre.
So where does it go?
So far, the donations have helped:
- The Hear and Say Centre provide six months therapy for a deaf child.
- Provide fuel for several Angel Flight missions
- Blue Care deliver community health care services in the home
- Hannah’s House expand its safe housing service for disadvantaged young women
- Restore native wildlife and plants through Greening Australia’s revegetation projects, and
- Cancer Council Queensland with cancer research, treatment and patient care programs.
Supporting disaster relief
Our staff gave generously to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal to support victims of the Queensland floods and Tropical Cyclone Yasi in 2011. CS Energy matched staff donations and together we raised more than $47,000. Many staff also pitched in to assist clean-up efforts in their local communities such as Chinchilla and Ipswich.
In 2009, we supported the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal ($38,990) and the Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal ($17,290) for north Queensland flood victims. Donations to all three appeals were coordinated through CS Energy's workplace giving program Generosity.