Asset Engineer Mechanical
At CS Energy, we are delivering energy today, and powering your tomorrow.
Our vision is to be an Australian energy leader, renowned for our safe, reliable and affordable energy solutions. We have a clear strategy for how we can be part of Australia’s energy future.
It will take foresight, determination and resilience. That is why we are focused on creating a work environment that allows our people to explore and find new ways of thinking and working. A workplace in which your unique perspective will be valued.
As a member of an Engineering team, the Asset Engineer Mechanical supports the Manager in providing asset management services with a longer-term focus. The role supports the operational sites by providing guidance and support to appropriately operate the assets safely and cost effectively while sustaining life expectancy. It seeks to improve plant performance, availability, and cost effectiveness through the development of capital projects and improved processes.
- Implements controls for key asset risks;
- Carries out activities to meet asset related regulatory compliance;
- Develops projects that deliver sustained and/or improved plant performance cost effectively;
- Manages plant change to promote innovation while protecting the asset;
- Develops appropriate maintenance/engineering strategies (using reliability centred maintenance practices);
- Contributes to the asset life cycle strategy.
Our preferred applicant for this position will most likely possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- RPEQ certification or ability to acquire within 12 months of placement
- 5 years experience of thermal power stations or heavy industry preferred (desirable)
- A solid understanding of Asset Management principles and their application including equipment strategy, business risk management, RCA investigations and plant modifications
- Plant modification process, enterprise risk management, whole of life asset planning process, capital budget development process and continuous improvement process
- Project management, cost management and management of multiple priorities
Download Role Purpose Statement (PDF 291.7KB)
How to Apply
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
General Privacy Statement
By completing this application form, you agree that CS Energy may use the information you provide to make contact with you and to progress your application.
This information may also form part of your employee profile if you are successful in obtaining a position with us.
If you do not provide all required information, or consent to CS Energy’s advised use of that information, we may not be able to progress your application.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workplace. CS Energy collects data for that purpose. By providing the following information, you agree that CS Energy may use this information to produce depersonalised diversity data for CS Energy business purposes. This information may also form part of your employee profile if you are successful in obtaining a position with us.
In the box below, please provide a brief cover letter for your application.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *