Energy Markets Technical Specialist (2 Years Fixed Term)
At CS Energy, we are delivering energy today, and powering your tomorrow.
Our vision is to be an Australian energy leader, renowned for our safe, reliable and affordable energy solutions. We have a clear strategy for how we can be part of Australia’s energy future.
It will take foresight, determination and resilience. That is why we are focused on creating a work environment that allows our people to explore and find new ways of thinking and working. A workplace in which your unique perspective will be valued.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop, enhance, maintain and support CS Energy’s existing and future planned Energy Markets/Trading applications, tools and data, while working closely with the wider IT team, vendors and internal stakeholders to provide technical solutions to the Trading team and associated functions.
This role will primarily be responsible for delivering day-to-day support (incident and problem management, Service Request management), deliver on-going system changes and enhancements, provide technology & development support to deliver other initiatives as required.
In a data driven environment the role will involve building integrations, data enhancements, graphical displays and reports that accurately support the business requirements for clear, relevant and timely information.
Our preferred applicant for this position will most likely possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualification in Information Technology or related discipline
- Experience in working and maintaining systems and tools in a brownfield environment, where work requires creating new solutions and supporting an existing array of highly complex integrated systems including a mix of modern tech and legacy landscape.
- Working knowledge of Energy Trading, Risk Management and Settlement working environments (front, middle and back office)
- Ability to engage stakeholders to gather requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure and exciting environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage changing workloads
- Agile methodology experience to contribute towards maturing ICT’s delivery practices
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal
- Collaborative, team player
Technical - Mandatory (Minimum 5 years)
1. SDLC expertise in the below
2. Oracle database development & PL/SQL, Oracle jobs scheduler
4. VBA, Strong Excel skills
7. Microsoft .Net (desktop/web/console)
Technical (Highly desirable)
1. Environments: Windows Server, Unix (Solaris)
2. Deployment of applications to production
3. Git/Visual Studio Team Services or similar for Source code management
4. Atlassian suite (Confluence, JIRA) or similar
Download Role Purpose Statement (PDF 300.4KB)
How to Apply
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
General Privacy Statement
By completing this application form, you agree that CS Energy may use the information you provide to make contact with you and to progress your application.
This information may also form part of your employee profile if you are successful in obtaining a position with us.
If you do not provide all required information, or consent to CS Energy’s advised use of that information, we may not be able to progress your application.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. By providing the following information, you agree that CS Energy may use depersonalised diversity data for our business purposes. This information may also form part of your employee profile if you are successful in obtaining a position with us.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *